As you may have heard today Adobe released Astro, Flash Player 10 Beta!
- Create Custom Filters and Effects (with Pixel Blender)
- Performance Boosts (GPU blitting and compositing)
- Drawing API Enhancements
- Vector Data Types
- New Highly Flexible Text Engine
- 3D Support and Effects
- Automatic Variable Bitrates for video streams
- Larger Bitmap Support
- Better File Reference (user uploading)
- Context Menu Enhancements
Official Download at Adobe Labs of Flash Player 10 Beta code named Astro
Official Release Notes
Also released is Pixel Blender (Hydra) – which allows custom filter and effect creation!
Adobe is also reworking the Sound API as well, here’s an example from Keith and Tinic’s Posts (as always with much detail): Adobe is Making Some Noise Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3!
Dont forget to visit the official Demos at Adobe Labs – Flash 10 Demos at Adobe Labs
If you have other article to link to don’t hesitate to add them in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Adobe Flash Player 10 | Astro | Beta Release”
I like your site theme. What template did you use ?
I built it from the thematic framework. I’d highly recommend it! http://themeshaper.com/thematic/
Comments are closed.