Developed a new facebook landing page tab for clients new product line.
- Includes an embed script generator! With options for swfobject implementation or simple valid html object tags (or both)!
- Embed generator makes setting your settings easy with a Live Preview!
- Supports flv, f4v and any container format using H.264: mp4, m4a, mov, mp4v, 3GP, 3G2.
- All images and video loaded externally
- Run this player without additional files, just pass in the flv path.
- Use an external xml playlist or set playlist values in flashvars settings. (No need for xml if you don’t want it)
- Social Bookmarking with facebook, twitter, delicious, google buzz & linkedin
- Send emails through the player to share the video with friends
- Supports most image file types: jpg, gif, png.
- Google Analytics Integration (event tracking) – Uses your analytics account on a per video setting in flashvars.
- Load any dimension video. Completely resizable
- Set player width and height
- Set video width and height
- Full screen capabilities
- All colors fully customizable in flashvars or xml
- Use a preview/thumbnail image.
- Auto play option
- Auto load option – in case you had a bunch of video on one page you wouldn’t want them all to auto load.
- Video scale/stretching options: none, exact, uniform, fill.
- Show/hide a big play button over the video option
- Show/hide “vcr” video player controls or have them auto-hide
- Advanced volume controls, click to mute or drag to desired volume. Volume fades rather than cuts.
- Support for a logo
- Controls auto-hide
- 66k file size
- Time code display in current time or elapsed time. click to toggle
- Tooltips for controls
- Replay video after complete
- Progressive play and load displays. Watch as the video loads and see the scrub bar update as you watch.
- Scrub bar is interactive click and drag. Tooltip to display hovered time.
- Animated play controls.
- Buttons states & tooltips.
- All player graphics are vector shapes and very small in size.
- Fully rearrange player controls
- Option to disable fullscreen
- Display video title and description – html content (may contain links)
- Video controls also in context menu (right-click menu)
- Loop the video once, twice however many times you wish and even infinitely!
- Disable tooltips completely if you wish
- Keyboard shortcut integration! Press the space bar to pause/play the video just like in most video playback programs.
- Volume setting cached across sessions for a better user experience
- Double click video for fullscreen
Totally custom built flash video player with sharing features built-in and very simple UI. Using multiple playlists and h264 video.
Interactive beverage selector web app for service providers and restaurants.
The Scrutinizer is a web browser, based upon the Adobe AIR toolkit and the WebKit browser, that offers a simulation of the human visual system. Specifically, it illustrates the distinction between foveal and peripheral vision in visual acuity and color perception. Using this simulation, you can get a better idea of how users interact with your site design. It’s also a tool for observing users interacting with your pages.
I was responsible for the UI design and implementation as well as some feature developments such as the bookmarking and animated load bar.
Custom video player built to handle play lists as well as affiliate cookies. I programmed all the interactivity and video component.
I developed this game for my Digital Media Thesis. I wanted to do a project that was interactive, and enjoying flash I decided to create it in the form of a game. The project called ‘iKill’ is Installation Game Art, and is also available online. It explores multiple these, such as man in nature, globalization, fast food, economics, etc. The game was part of an installation for the Digital Media Exit show of Spring 2007. I kept progress of the game online at my digital media exit blog with incremental demo versions of the project. The installation had a fully interactive game and used game controller to play. In the game you play the generic man and work through the work week. Your job is to pick fruit as it grows on the trees. You receive your wages according to your harvest and at the end of the day you “cash out” and earn your happiness (how else but with Happy Meals). You do encounter obstacles and must kill the bugs before they deprive you of your happy harvest! It is pretty simple critique on a culture that equates unhealthy food to happiness without regard to the environment, and equates a mindless 40 hour work week and competitive salary to a full life. For more details and photos of the installation where you could play with actual game controllers visit the development blog at http://digmeexit.blogspot.com.
Long story short: you pick fruit, sell it, and buy happy meals. See if you can reach the top scores!